About Tres Dias
Tres Dias is an inter-denominational Christian three-day renewal group. We affirm that “Jesus Christ is Lord”. Tens of thousands of people have made the weekend and tens of thousands of lives have been changed for the good through this experience. Doctors, lawyers, teachers, moms, dads, young singles, construction workers, cooks, homeless people, politicians, and CEO’s have all participated in our Tres Dias weekends. The ground is level at the foot of the cross, they say, and we say, “all are welcome in the family of God”.
After the three-day experience, Tres Dias encourages people to be in small groups to support each other in their lives as Christians. We also encourage enhancing ties with their home churches and living their best Christian life in their work, school, and home environment.
There are now over 100 Tres Dias communities around the world. Thousands of men and women have made a Tres Dias Weekend. In America. Tres Dias was begun in 1972 and is overseen by Tres Dias International, which is made up of both laity and clergy from around the world. Individual weekends are sponsored and coordinated by area groups. North Texas Tres Dias which is affiliated with Tres Dias International.
North Texas Tres Dias
North Texas Tres Dias was Chartered in Spring of 1993. We were the first Tres Dias formed west of the Mississippi River and now there are over fifteen Tres Dias communities in Texas alone! We held our first weekends in the Fall of 1993 with the generous assistance of the North Georgia Tres Dias. In North Texas, the Tres Dias weekend begins on Thursday evening and concludes late Sunday afternoon.
Weekends are held two times a year — one set of weekends each spring and another in the fall. Each attendee, called a “Candidate”, has a “Sponsor”. The Sponsor prays for the Candidate and provides practical assistance to help make the Candidate’s three days on the weekend free from responsibilities elsewhere. Sponsors act as a resource for their Candidate after the weekend as well.
The weekends are centered around talks given by Lay and Clergy team members which present Biblically-based Christian truths and the implications of such truths in our daily lives.
During the weekend, the candidates worship and study together. Table groups are formed early in the weekend and close bonds of friendship often occur. The atmosphere of a Tres Dias weekend is one of love, joy, hope, sharing, singing, participation, laughing, and worship. And food. Lots of food.
Tres Dias Statement of Belief
- We believe and profess our faith in one Triune God – The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
- We believe and profess that Jesus Christ is the only Savior and is God in the flesh (John 1:1, 1:14, 3:36 , 14: & Heb. 2:17).
- We believe and profess that The Holy Spirit is God and is The Lord and Giver of life, who continues to work in believers today to sanctify, edify and empower the whole Christian church on earth — for His purpose (Job 33:4, Acts 1:8, John 14:26 & Rom. 8:11).
- We believe and profess that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired and completely true Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17).
- We believe and profess that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; that forgiveness of sins is received through confession and repentance — and that our sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38, I John 1:9 & Rom. 3:23).
- We believe and profess that salvation is a gift of God’s grace received through personal faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8).
- We believe and profess that the Body of Christ is to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of The Son of God (Eph. 4:3, 13).
- We believe and profess that God’s unconditional love, as made manifest to us through Jesus Christ, is the primary witness by which people are renewed, edified and changed (I Cor. 13:8).
- We believe and profess that God has called us to live holy lives that will bring glory to His name (Col. 3:1-25).
Ready to attend?
Get started by completing an application!
Our Ministry Leaders
Community Spiritual Director